Hi! I'm Yvonne -
holistic nutritionist, herbalist and wellness advisor.
My voyage to get to where I am today started a long time ago. I was always an athlete and a scholar, putting all my value into my accomplishments. I got pretty good at achieving “things” and didn’t realize that by merely being an “athlete” didn’t mean I was being healthy. In fact, I went on birth control when I started high school so that my acne and painful period didn’t disrupt my schooling, athletic activities and achievements. And to my shock when I got off it over a decade later all my issues came back. In my mid-twenties, I had the worst acne and PMS ever. I wrote ALL about it here.
Now, after nearly 7 years of “figuring it out,” I am here to help speed that process along for you, so you get to where you want to go a lot faster than I did!
What does that mean? It means I help my clients balance hormones. “Balanced hormones” isn’t just a term reserved for women, though that’s at least 50% that walk into my office.
- Want to ditch those extra pounds you can’t seem to shake, no matter how many fad diets you try?
- Struggle with adult and/or hormonal acne you’d like to see turn into clear glowing skin?
- Are an athlete (professional or not) who wants to PR in a race, have better workouts, see more results, with less inflammation and injuries?
- Are a woman with irregular, painful, heavy menstrual cycles and/or horrible PMS?
- Struggle with infertility?
- Have serious cravings (sweet or savory) or battle with emotional/binge eating?
- Have brain fog or serious afternoon lulls where you’re afraid you might fall asleep during a meeting?
- Think or been told by another practitioner that you have adrenal fatigue?
- Struggle with some habits that are no longer serving you, or possible addiction(s) you’d like to let go of but cant seem to shake?
In most cases, these can all point back to an imbalance in hormones. Why? Many reasons – blood sugar imbalances, chronic cortisol and stress, birth control and pretty much any prescription medication and toxins are some of the biggies. I am here to tell you that all the above questions are questions I answered yes to myself!
If any of this resonates with you check out a few of my blog posts:
- Supplements I Use and Love
- Balancing Hormones with Seed Cycling
- The Best Non-Toxic Beauty Products
- Inspiring and Helpful books
And if you want even more you can sign up for my monthly newsletter. You’ll get the inside scoop and be notified when I have workshops and events.
Education, Experience and Training
- B.S. Mathematics + Studio Art, Georgetown University, Washington DC, 2004
- Nutrition Consultant Certificate, Bauman College, Boulder Campus, 2016
- National Association for Nutritional Practitioners (NANP) Member since 2015
- Apex Energetics Seminar - Food Sensitivity: The Hormone Connection-How Hormones Impact Food Sensitivity, 2016
- Motivational Interviewing Certificate, 2017
- Apex Energetics Seminars: Fundamentals of Functional Blood Chemistry, 2017
- Rosemary Gladstar’s Sage Mountain Herb School